Sunday, October 21, 2007

Tag - You're It

My first impression of tagging was that of frustration. I never did manage to get the del.icio.us buttons to manifest themselves on my MSN homepage because "toolbars" is not a choice when I click on "View", as the illustrations show. I did, however, find the buttons on my toolbar when I went directly to Explorer, bypassing my MSN homepage. Wah, Wah, Wah...

I'm sure that social bookmarking has a promising future in libraries, particularly among reference librarians. For front-line staffer, I can see applications leaning more toward special interests of the individual, which may be tapped by the aforementioned reference librarians in order to assist patrons with similar interests. My pet interests are quilts and quilting, great campgrounds in Western Washington, and local birding. Perhaps my posts can be accessed so the topics I have already researched can save someone else the time and effort of doing their own searches.

The sites I saved to del.icio.us are those of 21st century quilters specializing in 19th century reproductions. These sites all have many photographs of quilts either made by these quilters or in their collections. I love making small quilts that look like they might have been doll quilts from a Little House on the Prairie set. Many share my passion, and I hope to share web sites with others who have found places to view pictures of new/old quilts to get ideas for new projects.

No comments: