Monday, October 22, 2007

Feed me! Feed me!

I wanted to conclude my title with "Barf", but restrained the creative urge for just a moment.

I set up an account with Google Reader rather than Blogspot because it seemed easier to keep all the various accounts tied together. Ignorance can be bliss. Or not. I do find it handy to subscribe to "Unshelved", the online library comic strip this way. It keeps my e-mail in-box just a tad tidier.

As with all skills, perhaps this will become easier with practice. We'll see. The most difficult part of this assignment was deciding what information I wanted to be kept current on. I didn't find any. That could be because my search skills are seriously wanting, or because I'm a boring person. I'll assume the former for now.

I tend to eschew information overload, so I do not see myself desiring constant updates from anyone's blog or podcast. (no offense meant, dear friends) I do leave open the possiblilty that I could be wrong, but spending even more time in front of this infernal computer is not my idea of a good time. I'd rather bake a quiche, go for a long walk, read a good book, or work the Sunday crossword with Jeffrey the Wonderhusband. We can do this every day if we choose because I buy books of Sunday crosswords.

No comments: